Skip to content

Teatro dei Filarmonici

Ascoli Piceno
Teatro dei Filarmonici

In 1829, the statute was approved by the Saint Congregation for the Studies of the Bishop of Ascoli, a fundraiser was launched for the construction of a new theatre, designed by the architect Ignazio Cantalamessa. Then, in 1860, management passed to the Municipality until 1897, when it was purchased by the Società Filarmonica Ascolana, which renovated it under the direction of engineer Giovanni Serpentini, adding boxes and renewing the decorations. Subsequently, the building was acquired by private individuals and converted into a cinema in 1917. Located on the corner of Via delle Torri, its façade was later moved back to align it with the surrounding buildings, following the design of engineer Gabriele Gabrielli. The external appearance fits harmoniously into the urban context, while the interior retains most of the nineteenth-century modifications even after the change of destination to a cinema.

Historical Context
1832
Designed by
Ignazio Cantalamessa (Sala) | Gabriele Gabrielli (Facciata)
Capacity
400
Hall type
Horseshoe-shaped hall with gallery in the stalls, 2 tiers of boxes and upper gallery
Location
Ascoli Piceno

Informations

Website
Back To Top