Skip to content

Teatro Paolo Ferrari

San Marcello
Teatro Paolo Ferrari

The Teatro Comunale Paolo Ferrari was built thanks to the Società Filodrammatica, chaired by Emilio Gregorini, and stands on the site of the previous municipal seat, expanded with the purchase of a building owned by Domenico Bellardinelli, a citizen of Jesi. The project was entrusted to the engineer Enrico Medi of Monte San Vito, and the work was completed in 1871. The theatre was dedicated to Primo Ferrari, a local blacksmith, rather than the playwright Paolo Ferrari. After the damage caused by the earthquake in 1930, the theatre was restored and reopened in 1938, with the addition of a balcony in the second tier of boxes and the addition of a cabin for film screenings. Externally, the theatre does not have a defined façade, as it integrates with the ancient castle walls that support one of its sides.

Historical Context
1870
Designed by
Ernesto Medi, Ingegnere
Capacity
200
Hall type
U-shaped hall with 2 tiers of galleried galleries
Location
San Marcello

Informations

Website
Back To Top