Skip to content

Teatro Rossini

Pesaro
Teatro Rossini

The Teatro di Pesaro was born to give identity to the new bourgeois power and was designed by Pietro Ghinelli. Inaugurated in 1818 with Rossini's opera La Gazza Ladra, conducted by the composer himself, it achieved great success. In 1854, the theatre underwent a transformation by Vincenzo Ghinelli, Luigi Sammoggia, Girolamo Dal Pane and Cesare Recanatini, with the addition of a dedication to Rossini. After the 1930 earthquake, architect Rutilio Ceccolini expanded the structure with the Sala della Repubblica. The façade, the result of an intervention in 1934, incorporates the portal of the stables, where the Teatro del Sole stood in 1631. The interior, with excellent acoustics, houses a large stage and decorations from 1854, including the original curtain depicting “Il fonte di Ippocrene”.

Historical Context
1816 - 1818
Designed by
Pietro Ghinelli, Architetto (1759 - 1834)
Capacity
700
Hall type
Horseshoe-shaped hall with 4 tiers of boxes and a gallery
Location
Pesaro

Informations

Back To Top