Skip to content

Teatro Feronia

San Severino Marche
Teatro Feronia

The Teatro Feronia of San Severino Marche, originally called the Teatro dei Condomini, was built in 1747 based on a wooden design by Domenico Bianconi. The structure was considered unsafe and rebuilt in masonry in 1823 by the architect Ireneo Aleandri. The current name dates back to May 31, 1828, in honor of the goddess Feronia, linked to the territory. Inside there are decorations by artists such as Filippo Bigioli. The theatre was inaugurated in its new appearance with works by Rossini. It was closed from 1961 to 1985 for restoration and was reopened with a concert by soprano Katia Ricciarelli on March 29, 1985.

Historical Context
1823 - 1828
Designed by
Ireneo Aleandri, Architetto (1795 - 1885)
Capacity
449
Hall type
Horseshoe-shaped hall with 3 tiers of boxes and a gallery
Location
San Severino Marche

Informations

Back To Top