Teatro Comunale Beniamino Gigli

In 1816, a simple and small theatre facility was built in Monte Roberto, initially located in the main hall of the Government House. It was not an independent building, but rather a stage and benches set up on the initiative of some local nobles. The original plan had a curvilinear plan, interrupted by the proscenium, with wood-paneled brick columns supporting a gallery divided into open boxes. After restoration in 1920, the columns were replaced by painted wooden columns. This theatre is distinguished by its inspiration from the French hall, rather than the Italian theatre. The versatility of the space, equipped with versatile equipment, reflected its Napoleonic influence and French practicality, evident even in the boxes separated by railings, different from the Italian "beehives".





