Teatro della Vittoria

The Teatro Comunale della Vittoria, Sarnano's only theatre, was initially designed in 1829 by a group of thirty-six members of the Condominio Teatrale, with engineer Luigi Fedeli in charge of the works. The citizens became actively involved in organizing the shows starting in 1896. In 1935, during the Fascist era, a restoration was started, but the work was not successful, as many of the original paintings were covered with stucco. During World War II, the theatre was closed and used for practical purposes. After the war, in 1947, the theatre reopened with Carlo Veneziani's "L' Antenato". In the 1950s, however, it fell into decline again, becoming the site of local holidays. A rough restoration took place in the 1990s, with the architect Giuseppe Gentili and the Macerata native Gianfranco Pasquali. The theatre was reopened in 1991 with a show by Piera Degli Esposti, and in 1992 the cultural association “Il Circolo di Piazza Alta” was founded.




