Skip to content

Teatro Vincenzo Pagani

Monterubbiano
Teatro Vincenzo Pagani

In 1875, an elegant brick theatre was inaugurated in Monterubbiano along Via Roma, on the site of a sixteenth-century building, known as "Il Palazzaccio", which had previously belonged to the family of the painter Vincenzo Pagani (1490-1568), to whom the theatre is dedicated. It was designed by architect Francesco Ridolfi and directed by Luca Galli, boasting a neoclassical brick façade with arched doors on the ground floor and large rectangular windows on the upper floor. The interior, intimate and harmonious, features three tiers of boxes, decorated with perforated and gilded wooden parapets. The vault, however, is the work of Marinelli and depicts literary figures such as Goldoni, Alfieri, Dante, Raphael and Pagani, with three allegorical Muses in the centre. The curtain is a historical element from 1881, created by Alessandro Bazzani as a tribute to Pagani, and he is depicted painting a seascape in the background. Restored starting in 1984, the theatre was then reopened in 1999.

Historical Context
1875
Designed by
Francesco Ridolfi, Architetto
Capacity
370
Hall type
Horseshoe-shaped hall with 3 tiers of boxes
Location
Monterubbiano

Informations

Back To Top