Skip to content

Teatro Mario Tiberini

San Lorenzo in Campo
Teatro Mario Tiberini

The Teatro Mario Tiberini is located within the Palazzo dei Della Rovere, a sixteenth-century former town hall that is part of the Della Rovere Castle, featuring seventeenth-century additions, including the coat of arms of Cardinal Giulio della Rovere. The palace was ceded to the municipality by Marquis Ippolito.
Originally known as the Teatro "Trionfo", it is believed to have been adapted from the ballroom of the Della Rovere family. During the period between 1813 and 1814, there was strong local opposition in San Lorenzo in Campo regarding the construction of the theater, due to concerns over potential damage to the structure of the palace. Following a restoration project completed in 1981, the theater was dedicated to Mario Tiberini, a tenor who was highly esteemed by Giuseppe Verdi.

Historical Context
1813 - 1816
Designed by
Francesco Franceschi (Progetto) | Luigi Tiberini, Maestro Muratore
Capacity
259
Hall type
U-shaped hall with 2 tiers of galleried galleries
Location
San Lorenzo in Campo

Informations

Back To Top