Skip to content

Teatro Filippo Marchetti

Camerino
Teatro Filippo Marchetti

The city's first permanent theatre, La Fenice, opened in 1728. In 1840 was sought the advice of the architect Vincenzo Ghinelli, but it was not until 1845, thanks to additional funding, that Ghinelli designed a new project, also assuming part of the costs for the expansion. During restoration work in 1872, the fourth tier of boxes was opened to create the gallery. The theatre was named after the composer Filippo Marchetti, the well-known discoverer of Pietro Mascagni, who had great fame. In the ’80s, Roman artefacts and a cryptoporticus were discovered under the stage. Built next to the Palazzo Comunale, the entrance is located in the courtyard of the palace. The elegant foyer and the two diagonal staircases, similar to those of the Teatro delle Muse in Ancona, lead to the hall. Originally decorated in neoclassical style, the room today features paintings by Ferranti and a majestic bronze chandelier. The renovated theatre preserves vintage machinery and new service spaces.

Historical Context
1845 - 1856
Designed by
Vincenzo Ghinelli, Architetto
Capacity
520
Hall type
Horseshoe-shaped hall with 3 tiers of boxes and a balcony gallery
Location
Camerino

Informations

Back To Top