Skip to content

Teatro Comunale Dell’Iride

Petritoli
Teatro Comunale Dell’Iride

The Teatro Comunale dell'Iride, built in the second half of the 19th century by the most skilled local artisans, was inaugurated on May 20, 1877 with two performances by the Porto San Giorgio amateur dramatic society. Inspired by the great eighteenth-century theatres such as the Teatro Argentina in Rome, La Scala in Milan and the Teatro Massimo in Palermo, it features an elegant internal structure decorated with gilded stucco, paintings on the ceiling of the gallery and refined decorations. Originally intended for prose and music performances, in the ’30s and especially in the post-war period it was transformed into a cinema.

Historical Context
1870 - 1877
Designed by
Giuseppe Sabbatini, Ingegnere E Architetto
Capacity
182
Hall type
U-shaped hall with 2 tiers of boxes and a balcony gallery
Location
Petritoli

Informations

Back To Top